Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Post Ever!!!!

Can I start off by saying how incredibly excited I am to be starting my own blog, I have been dreaming about this for years, and I'm finally doing it! I am currently in the middle of 4 quilts, numbers 14, 15, 16 & 17, which is completely normal for me! (See my "Completed Quilts Page")

Currently the largest task on my mind is the enormous King Beige Quilt I am making by special request. Beige is not the easiest, most-forgiving or prettiest of colors, and therefore, this quilt might be one of the hardest quilts I have EVER made.

Last Saturday I basted the monster on my Mother's basement floor (I could find no other space large enough for such a task)!
Tell me, what do you think? Too much beige? Or did I make it work?
I used roughly 288 safety pins!!!!!

I am now proceeding to quilt it, I am starting off with straight lines, sewing about 1/4'' on the inside and outside of each side of each row and column. Upon completion I am going to stipple the inside squares and stipple the border. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I am thinking dark green and blue binding!!!! I better get back to quilting, I'll let you know when I resurface!

No comments: